Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Build - Surly Pacer - Delivery!

Mailbag! Mailbag! I came home from work to find three packages. Oh boy, bike parts!

Let's see what we have first:


Scott Pilgrim vs. the World on Blu-Ray. Not quite sure how to install this on the bike, but it is a great movie! I hope there are some bike parts in the other boxes.

This looks promising...


Let's see what is inside!


A SRAM Force rear derailleur. Used. That's the only way I could afford one. This is probably one of the two best components that will be going on the bike, the other being a Neuvation rear wheel.


I'm not one for carbon fiber lust, but look....carbon fiber! I think it makes me a better rider and adds 50 horsepower.

Wait, there's another box!


Let's see what is inside.


Ooo, this looks like the shifters.


Yep, this be they. Another eBay purchase, and another part with carbon fiber. 100 horsepower all the time! The only thing I'm not hip to is the white hoods. You can hear them getting dirtier in the picture. I ordered some black ones to replace these. Those hide my dirt, but not my lack of riding talent, calf muscles, or gingerness.

So far, the only part I can install on the frame is the rear derailleur and the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Speaking of installing parts, I'm not going to be able to actually put the bike together until some time next week. My wife and I are going to pull a long weekend and install a tile floor in our kitchen. I'm not great at putting bikes together, and probably worse at doing things that are actually important, like home remodeling.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment