Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good News Bad News

First the good news, which also happens to be the bike related portion. The weather is getting a little better here in Denver. My preferred weather forcast system is the Basset Hounds Sunning Themselves Weather Index, BHSTWI, which I use to judge if I should ride a bike or take the bus to work.

Here's Mona and Gunther telling me to mount up on the Surly, save the bus fare and spend it on a sugar cookie.


I took a bit of time and got the rest of the stable ready to ride as well.


Left to right, the 29er, the Dirt Jumper, (the disassembled GT frame in the background), and the Fixie. I've been riding the fixie when the BHSTWI doesn't look so good. I'll probably ride the 29er if I feel like braving the rain. I'm still debating taking the Dirt Jumper to work and leaving it there to get around on campus. I've been running from building to building a lot recently, and it would be nice to have it there to huck around.

In the meantime, during the week, I've been riding the Surly indoors. Not really that fun, but at least I can catch up the Colbert Report.


Next and last, the bad news. My beloved Saab broke down with a blown head gasket. I'm going to be riding a lot more in the coming weeks due to the fact that I'll be doing the work myself. Hopefully I'll be able to do it without setting the car on fire in the process.

At least bikes don't have head gaskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment